Neither the Reds nor the striker’s representatives have made any comment on the issue, but it is understood that Suarez said sorry to his team-mates after arriving back on Merseyside from Japan, where he had been on midweek international duty with Uruguay.
The 26-year-old was ordered to train on his own last week in response to manager Brendan Rodgers’ concerns about his attitude.
And Rodgers said last week that Suarez would not be allowed to join up with the rest of his team-mates until he said sorry for showing “total disrespect” to the club.
The former Ajax man is suspended for Saturday’s Premier League opener against Stoke as he continues to serve a ten-match ban imposed after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a 2-2 draw at Anfield in April.
Suarez will not be eligible to play for Liverpool until late September, and Rodgers said on Thursday that he would not discuss the striker until he was available again.
Its a big win for Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool’s owners Fenway Sports Group, who have taken a hard approach all summer that Suarez was going nowhere. It is unusual in today’s era of player power for clubs to stand up to their players, but Liverpool did and it appears they won!